Rapport Google Chrome Extension
The Rapport browser extension is a component which completes Rapport’s functionality and provides you with full protection while browsing. In other words, Rapport functions on Google Chrome only if its extension is installed and enabled.
If the extension is not installed, or if it is installed but disabled, the browser will not be protected by Rapport.
Activating Rapport’s extension:
The first time you open Google Chrome after installing Rapport, a pop-up will appear, letting you know that the extension was added and asking you to enable it.
To enable the Rapport extension, click ‘Enable extension’ and the icon will appear at the top right side of the address bar. The appearance of the extension confirms that it was added successfully.
Please note that if you close the browser without enabling the extension, the pop-up will not appear again, the Rapport icon will not show and you will not be protected.
The Rapport icon has two states:
Grey - the website you are browsing is not protected by Rapport.
Green – the website you are browsing is being protected by Rapport.
If the Rapport icon is not visible in the browser’s address bar, please verify that the extension is enabled by following the instructions below:
- Click on the Google Chrome menu icon, located at the top right part of your browser.
- Place your mouse over ‘More tools’ and choose ‘Extensions’. The extension list will open.
- Locate ‘IBM Security Rapport’ in the extension list and verify that it is enabled
The indication that the extension is enabled is the color of the toggle.
If it is blue, the extension is enabled.
If the toggle is grey, the extension is disabled.
To enable the extension, click on the toggle. It will turn blue.
Once enabled, the Rapport icon will appear at the right corner of the address bar.
If you are unable to find the IBM Security Rapport extension at all in Google Chrome’s extension list, you will need to install it from the Google Chrome store:
Windows 7 users:
Please scroll down to step 4.
Windows 8/10 users:
Please continue to step 4.
Note: The Google Chrome store will open in your default browser.
If your default browser is not Google Chrome, you will not be able to install the extension.
Instead of ‘Add to Chrome’ on the installation button, the words ‘Available on Chrome’ will appear.
In this case, Copy the URL from the browser you were using by pressing the “ctrl” and “C” keys on your keyboard, simultaneously.
Paste it into the Google Chrome browser you have just opened, by pressing “ctrl” and “v” on your keyboard, at the same time, and press “Enter” to run it.
If the Rapport icon does not turn green on protected sites, it might be caused by the reasons below:
- Rapport is not currently running on the computer.
- The Rapport extension is not up-to-date.
Please verify that Rapport is running on your computer:
If a pop-up message, reporting that ‘Rapport is not running’, appears, it means that Rapport is currently stopped.
To start it, simply click on the ‘Yes’ button in the pop-up.
Once Rapport has been started, please close the browser and reopen it.
Once the browser has restarted, navigate to a protected site and check if the icon is green.
If the console appears instead of the pop-up message, then Rapport is already running.
In this case, please verify that you are running the latest version of the Rapport extension:
- Open the Rapport console by following the instructions described above.
- Once the Rapport console is opened, click on ‘Install Chrome extension’, located in the ‘Product settings’ box. This will open the Google Chrome store.
- At the bottom right part of the Google Chrome store page, under ‘Additional information’, you will see the latest Rapport extension version.
- Please keep the Google Chrome store page open while continuing with the steps below, as we will return to it shortly.
- Click on Google Chrome’s menu icon, which appears as three dots located at the top right part of the browser.
- In the menu bar that appears, place your mouse over ‘More tools’ and then click on ‘Extensions.
- Locate ‘IBM Security Rapport’ in the extension list and choose 'DETAILS'.
- The extension version number will appear in the page that opens.
If the version that appears in the extension list, which is the version that you are currently running, is not the same as the version that appears in the Google Chrome store, you will need to remove the extension and re-install it:
- Please return to the extension list and click on 'Remove' in the 'IBM Security Rapport' extension box, then click on ‘Remove’ in the pop-up that appears.
- Go back to the Google Chrome store and click on the blue ‘ADD TO CHROME’ button, then choose ‘Add extension’ in the pop-up that appears.
- Once the Rapport extension is re-installed, please navigate to a protected site and check if the icon turns green.
If the Rapport icon remains grey on protected sites after verifying that Rapport is running on your computer, and that you are running the latest version of the Rapport extension, please contact us for further support by submitting a ticket via our website: